Pittsburg State University
Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer in Hawaii
Honolulu, United States (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment (shared)|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Areas of Study:||Accounting, Anthropology, Biochemistry, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Economics, English, Environmental Studies, Film, Finance, Health and Human Services, History, Humanities, International Studies, Journalism, Management, Marketing, Media Studies, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Relations, Sciences, Sociology, Spanish, Studio Art|
On Summer in Hawaii, you can take advantage of all the services of a medium-size private university in capital city Honolulu while exploring the pristine jungles and beaches nearby. Earn up to 6 credits while studying beneath palm trees in your new home.
Get excited about:
- Vibrant city – While you can enjoy the beach at Waikiki, don’t forget to check out the excitement in Honolulu. Cultural events, festivals, concerts, and world-class restaurants are all quite accessible from campus.
Earn credits in your major – Though you are studying in one of the most beautiful places on earth, you still have to go to class! Choose from over 300 classes in business administration, communication, international studies, liberal arts, and natural sciences. You’ll enjoy small classes with world-renowned professors.
Activities on and off campus – With your program, you will have an extensive orientation and fun excursions throughout the city and the island of Oahu. Plus, numerous activities take place on campus during the summer.
On the Summer in Hawaii program, you can take classes in business administration, communication, international studies, liberal arts, and natural sciences at Hawaii Pacific University, a private university with over 300 summer course offerings. The University offers 2 summer sessions: Summer Session 1 runs from mid-May to early July, and Summer Session 2 runs from early June to late August.
- Diverse student body from all over the world
- Campus located near beaches, rainforests, volcanoes, and national parks
- Delicious Pacific Rim, Asian-inspired cuisine
- Live in the fun resort area of Waikiki next to world-class beaches
- Unique blend of language, ethnicities, cultures, music, and food
- Cultural hot spot of Hawaii with movies, museums, concerts, comedy, and theater all nearby
- World-class academics with large variety of courses available