Pittsburg State University
Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer in Scotland
Stirling, United Kingdom (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2019||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Dormitory|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Areas of Study:||Business, Culture, Economics, Education, English, Film, History, Literature, Marketing, Media Studies, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion|
Summer in Scotland is a unique opportunity to spend 4 or 8 weeks living in an awesome, historic Scottish town and earn 6–12 US credits in the process. Unlike many summer programs, this one lets you study alongside Scottish students who are also taking summer subjects.
Get excited about:
- Fun class offerings with experiential components – Choose courses in Scottish culture, history, politics, religious studies, business, and media and film studies, all focused on learning about Scotland through readings and related field trips. For even more hands-on experience, take an internship module!
A castle on campus, seriously – The University of Stirling is located on an 18th-century estate with a central lake and a castle. You certainly can’t find that in the States!
Quaint, historic city – You’ll feel like a character in a historical novel as you stroll the narrow, cobblestoned streets of Stirling.
Summer in Scotland at the University of Stirling blends the best of Scotland's internationally respected educational heritage with the philosophy and structures of the American liberal arts system. The academic calendar is very similar to that in the US, and you will be able to find the classes (aka modules) you need. Stirling has been ranked among the top British universities for teaching and career placement, so you can be sure that your courses will be challenging and practical.
Study in Scotland for a 4 or 8-week block (each session is 4 weeks, and 8 weeks if you do both) in the subject areas of business, English, film and media studies, history, politics, or religious studies. With the 8-week program, you may also choose an internship module. Subject selection is first come, first served, so the earlier you apply the better.
- Study at an academically rigorous university
- Live and study with Scottish students
- A campus on the estate of an 18th-century castle
- Affordable Scotland study abroad option
- Diverse courses in business, politics, history, religious studies, English,and film and media
- Internship option
- Fun experiential learning and field trips with your courses
- Scottish culture and hospitality
- Great student facilities on campus
- Explore other parts of Scotland, the UK, and Europe