Pittsburg State University
Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer in Paris
Paris, France (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Language of Instruction:||English, French||Housing Options:||Apartment (alone), Apartment (shared)|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Areas of Study:||Art History, Fine Arts, French, Photography, Studio Art|
Turn Paris into your classroom for 4 weeks this summer! Surround yourself with world-class art and culture on Summer in Paris. Admire the innovative construction of Notre Dame, sit and read in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower, and practice your French by ordering a morning baguette on your way to class. CIS Summer in Paris is well-recognized for its training of art experts and professionals and managers in cultural administration. Start getting excited about:
Paris – What can we say? Fountains, fashion, cafés, croissants . . . Paris has something for everyone, but especially art-lovers and budding artists!
Art and French in the City of Light – What better way to improve both your French-language and fine-arts skills than spending 4 weeks in Paris?
Learning in and out of the classroom – A great part of Summer in Paris is learning both in and out of the classroom. You won’t just read about a painting in class, you’ll go see it in person and really understand the artist’s perspective.
Living with fellow students in great local apartments – Live in the heart of it all in cool, furnished apartments and get to know the other CIS students from all over the US.
- Two excursions included – Just in case living in Paris isn’t enough for the summer, we’re also including 2 excursions, one to Versailles and one to Fountainbleau.
On Summer in Paris, you will learn or polish up your French while taking unique fine-arts-related courses taught in English. You will live in the heart of Paris, just minutes from the Louvre, with all that this amazing city has to offer right outside your door. While your courses are technically classroom based, you’ll spend the majority of your class time out in the city painting, photographing, and drawing.
Summer in Paris is housed at IESA (Institut d’Etudes Supérieures des Arts ), a well known art school in the center of Paris. Recognized by the French Minister of Culture and Communication since 1998, IESA has been a popular destination for both American and European students to spend time studying French language, art and culture. The institute also offers opportunities for students to participate in classes taught in French for those students whom have a proficient level of French language.
- 2 Excursions included
- Life in the heart of Paris
- Fine-arts and French-language courses available
- Combination of classroom and Paris-based learning
- Hone your photography, painting, or drawing skills with the world’s greatest masters and Paris as your inspiration
- Most classes taught in English, with the option of a French art history course taught in French for intermediate/advanced speakers
- French classes tailored to your proficiency, whether beginner or advanced
- Live in student apartments just minutes from the Louvre