Pittsburg State University
Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer in Madrid at Universidad Antonio de Nebrija
Madrid, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2019||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Housing Options:||Apartment (shared)|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Areas of Study:||Architecture, Art, Art History, Business, Culture, European Studies, History, International Relations, Literature, Marketing, Spanish, Women's Studies|
- Study abroad in the heart of it all during a time when the city comes to life even more than usual - By studying abroad in the summer in Madrid, you'll never find yourself short on things to do. Between the city's various festivals, holidays, sports, and cultural happenings, Madrileños (inhabitants of Madrid) seem to be up and at it 24/7. Luckily, most people still practice the siesta...
- Enjoy fully immersion in the Spanish culture - During your summer in Madrid, you can participate in a variety of program-sponsored cultural activities, including guided visits to museums and places of cultural and historical significance, as well as attending shows, workshops and dance classes. Your teachers will integrate Spanish culture into your language studies as often as possible, to provide context to your language learning and give you an insight into Spanish culture from true Spaniards. You'll also be studying at a local Spanish university, allowing you to meet Spanish students on- and off-campus.
- A perfect campus community size for all personalities - At about 4,000 students, this program offers a big enough campus community for extroverts to get to know as many people as they'd like. And introverts won't feel as though they are another "face in the crowd" like they might at larger universities. Whatever your personality, you'll have plenty of CISabroad- and university-sponsored activities to make the most of your time in Madrid and to get to know fellow study abroad as well as local students.
During your summer study abroad program in Madrid, you can choose from courses taught in either English or Spanish. The following are possible courses you may choose from:
Courses offered in Spanish:
- Spanish Language and Culture
- Spanish Grammar
- Spanish Literature
Courses offered in English:
- Culture and History
- International Relations
- European Studies
- Gender Studies
For details on the courses offered during your preferred session, please contact an advisor or get in touch with your Program Coordinator (if you've already applied).
As a student spending your summer in Madrid with CISabroad, you'll have access to many benefits and highlights that will help make your study abroad experience as rewarding as possible. A few of these include:
- Choose between two intensive Spanish language sessions: choose June, July, or both
- Feel at home in a smaller Spanish university that caters very well to study abroad students
- Enjoy an intimate campus of 4,000 students
- Meet local Spanish students and other international students through various clubs and social groups
- Take classes taught in both English and Spanish, as well as Spanish courses for every skill level
- Participate in a comprehensive orientation that will provide you with everything to adapt to your new campus and city