Pittsburg State University
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Italian||Housing Options:||Apartment (shared)|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Areas of Study:||Art History, Business, Communications, Culinary Art, Culture, Fashion Design, Fine Arts, Food Communications, Food Technology & Management, History, Hospitality, Humanities, Italian, Journalism, Sociology|
On Summer in Florence, you will be a local in one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations. Florence is an amazing location for cultural immersion, and Florence University of the Arts, home to Summer in Florence, focuses on creating an outstanding cultural environment that nurtures your talents. Here, you’ll experience:
Custom program length – Do you want to stay in Florence for 3, 6, 9, or 12 weeks? Summer in Florence lets you choose just how long your summer program lasts and how many credits you receive.
Pasta, pizza, and tiramisu, oh my! – Local, family-owned restaurants are found at every corner in Florence. Or shop in the large 2-story food market in the city center and make your own Italian creations at home.
Courses in your major, plus exciting electives – Study within your major to further your degree back home, or attempt a new hobby by taking an elective such as Intro to Photography. Or study Italian in Florence- what better place to learn a new language?
Italy and the rest of Europe in your backyard – By air or train, Florence is near hundreds of other Italian cities just waiting to be explored. Or, if you’re feeling extra adventurous, hop on a plane for a weekend in Spain! It's all possible when you spend your summer abroad in Italy!
- An art-lover’s paradise – View world-renowned masterpieces in museums such as the Uffizi Gallery, then purchase your own treasure from a local street artist. Choose our Art and Language session and you can take classes like photography, painting and Italian Language.
Summer in Florence is located at Florence University of the Arts, in the heart of the city with a fabulous location making all the great Florence sights easily accessible. With magnificent monuments such as the Ponte Vecchio and the Basilica of Santa Croce just minutes from school, you’ll never have to complain about your walk to class. You will enjoy small class sizes of 8–20 students and excellent courses taught by Italian and other European professors. With the exception of your Italian-language course, all courses are taught in English and there is an extensive variety to choose from. In terms of academics, FUA truly has it all!
Sessions include 3 or 6 week long intervals with the ability to combine multiple sessions to create even longer programs. In any 1 session students are able to complete 1-2 courses or 3-6 US credit hours.
Students may also combine sessions to stay in Italy for a 9-12 weeks!
Students may received up to 12-15 credit hours if they attend the maximum of 9-12 weeks in Florence.
- The summer sessions let you stay in Florence for 3, 6, 9 or 12 weeks and earn up to 15 credits
- Study Italian in Florence - Courses are taught in English, or in Italian for more advanced speakers
- Excursions include day and weekend trips to places like Lucca, Pisa, Sienna, Parma, Maremma, Tuscany and Sicily
- Small classes of 8–25 students
- Numerous options for experiencing the city’s music, art, dance, food, and more
- Cook for yourself in your apartment or enjoy food from the local market and many restaurants
- Gym, internet, and library all on campus