Pittsburg State University
Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer in Aix en Provence
Aix-en-Provence, France (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Language of Instruction:||English, French||Housing Options:||Homestay|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Areas of Study:||Art History, Business, French, History, Photography|
Have you ever thought about studying in France, but you’ve never taken any French? Have you already taken a few years of French and really want to improve your language skills? Whatever the case, we have the perfect program for you. Follow your passion with Summer in Aix en Provence!
- Life in southern France – It’s said that southern France is the most beautiful part of the country, and it’s no wonder. With a mild Mediterranean climate, striking scenery, historic sites, and some of the best restaurants in France, it’s easy to fall in love with the area.
- Academics focused on French, history, and more – Summer in Aix en Provence lets you start learning or improve your French and study business, history, and more.
- Plenty of ways to get involved – Summer in Aix en Provence offers numerous service-learning opportunities that will get you involved both on campus and in your local community. What better way to truly immerse yourself in your new home?
Summer in Aix en Provence is housed at the Aix Center. The Aix Center offers a wide variety of courses taught in English, as well as French-language classes, in the following disciplines: art history, business, history, photography, and the French language (beginner to advanced). The program is six week long, running from mid-June through late July.
There are many reasons to study on our Summer in Aix en Provence program, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
- Courses in the French language, business, and more
- Close proximity to Mediterranean coast, beaches and seaside towns
- The charming, historic city of Aix en Provence
- Mild Mediterranean climate, year round
- Homestays with locals experienced in hosting English-speaking students
- Service-learning opportunities get you involved with your local community