Pittsburg State University
Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer at Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
Barcelona, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2019||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Housing Options:||Apartment (shared), Homestay|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Areas of Study:||Art History, Business, Culture, Economics, Humanities, International Business, Management, Political Science, Spanish|
Beaches, culture, Spanish-language immersion, and a university with a strong international reputation await you in Barcelona! Summer at UAB lets you earn 6 credits in 6 weeks while living in one of Europe’s most cosmopolitan cities.
Get excited about:
- World-class academics at one of the strongest universities in Western Europe – You will spend your summer studying at the newest, most modern branch of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Study Spanish in Barcelona - the campus is located in an affluent financial and educational district in northern Barcelona.
Life in the cultural capital of the Mediterranean – Barcelona is home to more UNESCO World Heritage sites than any other city in Europe. You will witness 2,000 years of architectural and cultural splendor.
Cultural activities and excursions are included – Imagine learning a little more about the history of Spain through a cooking class, or about southern Spain’s traditions while enjoying a flamenco show. Get to know the barrios of Barcelona in greater detail with small guided tours, or learn about immigration patterns affecting the city through diversity scavenger hunts.
Summer at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona offers an incredible opportunity for intensive study of the Spanish language, and for taking electives in your major, minor, or another area that interests you—all for credit at your home university. Class sizes are small to increase interaction with the professor, encourage academic rigor, and allow the international students to work together.
You may choose either 2 elective courses or one language class and one elective to complete the 6-credit course load. Courses are taught in Spanish or in English by local faculty, so you don’t need to start with any Spanish-language skills. All levels of proficiency are accommodated. Classes are Monday through Thursday, leaving plenty of time for exploring the city, visiting museums and galleries, and day tripping with fellow international students.
There are many reasons to study on our Summer at UAB program, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
- Hands-on orientation and guided tours of the city
- A Catalan cooking class, a flamenco show, museum visits, and cinema night
- One optional guided weekend excursion outside of Barcelona (at an additional cost)
- Custom housing options
- An internationally recognized university
- A range of academic offerings to suit your major and interests
- Classes taught in both English and Spanish
- Study Spanish in Barcelona: Spanish classes tailored to your proficiency, whether beginner or advanced
- A coastline of the best beaches in Europe
- Café culture, delicious cuisine, amazing nightlife, and incredible shopping