Pittsburg State University
Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer at the University of Westminster
London, United Kingdom (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2019||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment (shared), Dormitory|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Areas of Study:||Anthropology, Architecture, Art History, Classical Studies, Creative Writing, Culture, Dance, Design, Drama, English, Fashion Design, Fine Arts, Humanities, Journalism, Literature, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Religion, Sociology, Studio Art, Women's Studies|
Summer at the University of Westminster takes place in the very heart of London and offers a wide variety of stimulating classes in International Business, Liberal Arts, and Media, Arts, and Design. You will live and learn with students from many countries in a lively and friendly atmosphere.
- Study the history and politics of London both in and out of the classroom – You can learn about the fascinating British culture through classes in historical and contemporary London culture, history, economics, literature, and politics, and then see all the sites you read about in your textbooks in person.
- Take advantage of a perfect location – Your classes will be in the center of London, so you can really experience—and fall in love with—this energetic city. Plus, cheap flights and trains provide easy access to the rest of the UK and Europe on the weekends for the perfect summer abroad in London!
Take media and design classes – Past students recommend Television Production; Radio Production; Photographing London; Journalism: Writing, Reporting, and Production; and London Fashion. There are tons of exciting options!
London Liberal Arts
The University of Westminster offers a broad range of classes in the liberal arts that have proved stimulating and enjoyable for past study abroad students.
London Media, Arts, and Design
The University of Westminster’s School of Media, Arts, and Design offers the only summer school of its kind in London. It’s a unique opportunity to study a variety of inspiring, cutting-edge courses in media, communication, and fashion. The School is recognized as one of the best in its field in the UK, so if you wish to gain internationally recognized university credits, a rewarding and exciting experience awaits you.1. PALAS (Program in Argentine and Latin American Studies), which is a 15 week semester with classes in English for beginner to intermediate Spanish language students
London International Business
London is one of the world’s major business centers, so where better to study international business! The University of Westminster is home to one of the most authentically international business schools in the UK.
There are many reasons to study on our Summer at Westminster program, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
- Study British culture in the heart of London and check out Big Ben, Parliament, Oxford Street, the London Eye, and more!Exciting social programming helps you get to know fellow students and your host city.
- Easy access to other parts of the UK and Europe on the weekends
- London-focused courses
- Diverse course offerings in business, art, and design
- Large international student population