Pittsburg State University
Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Spanish for Health Professionals in Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2019||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Housing Options:||Homestay|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Areas of Study:||Biology, Ecology, Environmental Studies, Health and Human Services, Latin American Studies, Marine Science, Psychology, Spanish|
Spanish for Health Professionals in Costa Rica offers a health course taught in English and a Spanish-language course focused on health-related vocabulary. In your free time, explore nearby volcanoes, go zip-lining in the rain forest, and get to know Costa Rican culture while sipping some of the best coffee in the world with classmates at a local café!
Get excited about:
- Spanish immersion – Besides having fantastic Spanish courses with local professors, you’ll practice your Spanish outside the classroom by living with a local family and talking with Ticos as you explore the markets, restaurants, and salsa clubs of San Jose.
Hands-on coursework in English – Take innovative classes in health care for 5 weeks during the summer and earn 8 credits in your major.
Great excursions – Your program includes one day and one weekend trip with your fellow study abroad students. Take a city tour, wander through the local markets, and try some exotic tropical fruit as you explore the rain forest!
Spanish for Health Professionals in Costa Rica lets you learn career-oriented Spanish while also taking a health-related course taught in English. This 5-week program takes place during the second summer session at Universidad Veritas, a private university in San José, the capital city of Costa Rica.
- One of the most environmentally diverse countries on the planet!
- Courses taught in English
- No Spanish prerequisite
- Excursions throughout Costa Rica
- Health-focused courses taught in English
- Spanish-immersion courses at all levels
- Study at a highly ranked private university in San Jose
- Live with a local family
- Explore the bustling capital city of San José
- Cooking classes, dance classes, and sports events help you bond with your classmates