Pittsburg State University
Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Semester in Perugia
Perugia, Italy (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2019||10/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2019||10/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Language of Instruction:||English, Italian||Housing Options:||Apartment (shared)|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Areas of Study:||Archaeology, Art, Art History, Business, Classical Studies, Creative Writing, Culinary Art, Economics, Environmental Studies, European Studies, Film, Fine Arts, History, Humanities, Independent Studies, International Business, Italian, Literature, Marketing, Philosophy, Photography, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Studio Art, Women's Studies, Writing|
Spend an entire semester studying in the heart of Italy: Perugia! During this program, you will be enrolled at the Umbra Institute, which offers distinct academic programs that allow you to immerse yourself in the culture of Italy. Look forward to all of this:
- Unique food studies program available - This course offers a glimpse into Italian food history, sustainable food production, the business of food, and so on. Once completed, a summer internship with a wine company is highly encouraged.
- Study at the Umbra Institute - This is a world-renowned university that offers a variety of classes that pertain to every major. Focus on your chosen field of study or explore your interests with some electives in both Italian and English.
- Enjoy student activities - CISabroad will organize a variety of activities for you to participate in throughout the semester. There will be social dinners, excursions, and other cultural activities. Join us at one of Perugia's sporting events!
The Umbra Institute offers a wide array of courses that suit nearly every major. Focus on your academic interests and take relevant courses, while studying in the most beautiful city in Italy. CISAbroad will organize academic field trips, extracurricular activities, and excursions outside of the classroom so that you can get a taste of daily Italian life.
There are many ways to enroll in the Umbra Institute. For example, you can take courses that fall under the traditional liberal arts curriculum that are taught alongside an Italian language culture course and other elective courses in English. Or, enroll in the Honors Program for challenging and rewarding coursework in a variety of areas. This is couples with a research paper or creative project that must be approved by your faculty advisor.
On this program, enjoy a variety of cultural activities including: cultural events, social dinners and cultural workshops. Start off the program with a three day orientation that will give you time to acclimate before you start in on your classes for the semester. Once you get the hang of things, explore the city and enjoy everything that Perugia has to offer. Enjoy the evening ritual of la passegiata, a casual stroll through town on your way to meet friends for gelato. Or, practice with local Italians to improve your language skills.
- Give back to the community with community engagement activities
- World famous gelato, chocolate, pasta and more!
- Honors and independent research courses available
- Breathtaking scenery in Italy's premier college town
- A giant jazz festival, one of the biggest in all of Europe