Pittsburg State University
Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Semester at Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
Barcelona, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2019||10/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2020||10/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Housing Options:||Apartment (shared), Dormitory, Homestay|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Areas of Study:||Architectural History, Architecture, Art History, Business, Communications, Culture, Economics, English, Environmental Studies, History, International Business, Management, Marketing, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish|
Enjoy a summer at one of the strongest universities in Western Europe, the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona. Immerse yourself in the Spanish language and the culture both inside and outside the classroom.
CISAbroad includes cultural activities and excursions on top of regular classwork. You will have the chance to visit an UNESCO World Heritage site or lay by the beach all day. Sample some fresh paella or go out for tapas with friends. There are dozens of ways to explore and enjoy one of Europe's most cosmopolitan cities and CISAbroad will help you do it. You can look forward to:
- Home to UNESCO World Heritage Sites - Enjoy soaking up the history of UNESCO World heritage sites that is over 2,000 years old. Barcelona is home to many of these sites, so it is the perfect opportunity to learn about them.
- Life in the Mediterranean – Enjoy the weather lounging on the beach all day or wander around town in your summer clothes. The weather is warm nearly year round, so it is the perfect destination for those that crave warmer weather.
- Fun group social and cultural activities – All CISabroad programs in Barcelona group you with other participants to enjoy social, cultural and adventure-based activities. Take a Catalan cooking class, watch a flamenco show, or take a trip to the Spanish cinema.
At the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, you will be able to earn six credits in six weeks, while studying at a campus located in an affluent financial and educational district in northern Barcelona.
The university offers courses in both Spanish and English that will apply to your major, minor, or chosen area of study back home. Classes are kept small to increase interaction and they only meet Monday-Thursday, which allows extra time to travel around Europe on the weekends.
- A curriculum that focuses largely on the language and culture of Spain
- A unique range of content courses taught in Spanish, from art to business
- Courses available in Spanish and English
- Many excursions available
- Short jaunt to other countries in Europe
- Learn alongside other international students