Pittsburg State University
Programs > Brochure
IFSA- University of Canterbury
Christchurch, New Zealand (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2021||10/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment (shared), Dormitory, Student Responsibility|
|Minimum GPA:||2.8||Areas of Study:||American Studies, Anthropology, Art History, Asian Studies, Astronomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Chinese, Communications, Computer Science, Drama, Ecology, Economics, Education, Engineering, English, Environmental Studies, Film, French, German, History, Japanese, Law, Maori Studies, Math/Statistics, Media Studies, Music, Peace & Conflict Studies, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Russian, Sociology, Spanish, Women's Studies, Zoology|
|Language Courses Offered:||Chinese, English, French, Japanese, Russian, Spanish||Eligible Class Status:||2-Sophmore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior|
Study Abroad in NEW ZEALAND
University of Canterbury
About the Program
Established in 1873 by scholars of Oxford and Cambridge, the University of Canterbury is ranked amongst the top 3% of universities in the world. If you are interested in hiking, snow sports, rock-climbing or pretty much anything outdoors, prepare for Canterbury to steal your heart and fill up your Instagram feed.
Located in Christchurch is the largest city South Island. The city has a thriving artistic and cultural scene and plenty of outdoor sports opportunities. Whether it's going hiking, rock climbing or skiing, or going to a concert or art exhibition, or enjoying live music or the theater, you will love studying there!
- Participate in the community-based learning opportunity related to the Christchurch earthquakes, providing an easy way to get involved in the community and learn more about earthquake hazards in New Zealand, as well as the various fields that contribute to the response to and mitigation of these hazards
- Gain real-world experience through the internship program, where you will work with community/government/non-profit organizations in Christchurch and gain academic credit
- Ranked among the world's top 250 universities, the University of Canterbury was established in 1873 by scholars of Oxford and Cambridge
- Campus offers numerous amenities, including four libraries, 24-hour computer labs, cafes and restaurants, student health center and recreation center
- Business students study at an AACSB accredited School of Business and Economics
- Enjoy concerts and performances at Court Theatre or visit Christchurch's city center just 15 minutes away
- Get involved with more than 110 social, cultural and athletic clubs and societies
- Low-cost bike rentals available at the housing complex
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the next Step!
Visit our website for more information about our University of Canturbury program.
Contact your student Services manager at 800-858-0229 or http://email@example.com
Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278